I was super impressed with this is little Asian fusion number that was incredibly quick to rustle up and very delicious to eat!
The wasabi works a treat when combined with the mayo, lime juice and olive dressing and gives a standard potato salad a very zingy and punchy twist!
Make sure you season your tuna with plenty of salt and pepper and give it a super fast sear on both sides to keep the tuna nice and raw in the middle, only way to eat tuna imo.
This is quite literally the perfect early spring supper we can all do with at the moment (and even better when plated up on my brand new HAY scandi cool plate).
- 750g baby potatoes, quartered if on the bigger side but skin on
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- Bunch of rocket
- 2 fresh tuna steaks
- Salt & Pepper
FOR THE DRESSING
- 4-5 tbsp light mayo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- Make your dressing by whisking together all ingredients until emulsified and set aside.
- Add your potatoes to a pan of boiling water and cook for 8-10mins, then add the green beans and cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Drain both under running cold water so that the beans retain their colour.
- Add potatoes and green beans to a large mixing bowl, then add the dressing and rocket and mix well.
- Make sure to season your tuna steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat some olive oil in a non stick frying until hot, add the tuna steaks and fry about a minute (or less keep your eye on the steak) until just seared on both side and still raw in the middle.
- Remove steaks from the pan and onto a chopping board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the steak into medium slices, ready to be plated up with the potato salad on the side!
Post a Comment