This super tasty dinner essentially is a fishy version of meat and two veg but oh my is it far from average!!!! The baked salmon, roast broccoli and slow roast potatoes are indeed elevated into something rather special when topped with the out of this world herby lemon cream sauce that comes with this dish! A wholesome supper for wish you really only need one big roasting tray and one saucepan but which delivers on all flavour fronts! Absolutely a new regular in the recipe repertoire.
FOR THE BAKING TRAY
- For the Sheet Pan:
- 750g baby new potatoes
- Olive oil + garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- 250g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2–3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- chopped fresh parsley or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. .
- Add the potatoes to a large baking tray and toss with a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned and delicious.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make your sauce.
- Melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add the garlic, shallot, and thyme sprigs; sauté for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add broth and cream; bring to a low simmer.
- Let the sauce hang out over low heat until it starts to thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, stir in the herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli and the salmon to the potato pan (keeping the potatoes on there).
- Toss or brush with a little more oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked, I like have it a little on the raw side
- Serve salmon, potatoes, and broccoli with big spoonfuls of sauce, more herbs, and more lemon wedges AND ENJOY!