Saturday, 31 October 2009
I've had a really busy week, went to London and Cambridge and found a lovely dress for half price! anyways as i'm still delving into some of my best of buys today I will talk about one of my fashion secrets if you can call it one. whenever i visit my granddad in germany i make a beeline for one particular H&M. this H&M carries a line that i have not seen in any shops in England and has a very different direction from the usual H&M stuff. in england i also find that there are basically two lines, "divided" which is more teenage orientated but not my thing ( too many star prints and reworking trends from like 3 seasons ago) and the business wear for the over 30's market which is usually simple and rather boring. The collection in this Duesseldorf H&M though is always totally on trend and often displays quite daring ideas before the other highstreet chains catch on. I once read an article that said that Margareta van den Bosh, head designer at H&M, has a favourite among her collection and though i can only guess i am sure it must be this one. the pieces i've bought from there are top quality at a low price and do not look like the typical H&M fare.
Wednesday, 28 October 2009
So I thought to myself seeing that I have only started this blog yesterday it would be unfair to my other (older) clothes to not be included in this blog. i am really weird in that concern, i feel bad if havent worn a dress in a while, like have abandoned a friend. this is why i'm showing you two of my favs. I have always had an admiration for fred perry stuff, maybe because of the timeless design, maybe because of the cool britannia vibe of the whole label ( if you haven't seen This is England i recommend you watch it now!) and this dress although quite pricey was a timeless buy. The other one is one of my zara favourites. i find zara a bit difficult they are always very "safe" in their collection but once in a while you do find on-trend pieces that have a very flowy quality.
Tuesday, 27 October 2009
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS OVER LEGGINGS, wearing two cropped items at the same time is not a good look.
- DO NOT WEAR LEGGINGS LIKE THEY ARE TROUSERS. yes with a long t-shirt it works but leggings do not substitute trousers. full stop. even if you are a size 6.
- DO NOT WEAR TRAINERS WITH SKIRTS OR DRESSES. in this case it has to be said that there are exception like for example the timeless low cut converse trainer and high top nikes BUT these are only exceptions.
- DO NOT MATCH YOUR HANDBAG TO YOUR SHOES. Victoria Beckham does it, what more do I have to say.
- DO NOT BUY FAKES, I saved a whole year for my chanel 2.55 and its worth every penny. Everyone can spot fakes rather be an individual, no one needs labels to be stylish.
- DO NOT BE AFRAID TO BE AN INDIVIDUAL. So what if people look at you when you walk down the street better to get them talking and be happy then try and conform to their "idea" of fashion, plus you never know they might be loving your look!
- DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THE UGG BOOT. This is a personal pet hate and many of my friends wear them but I fail to understand how they can make any outfit stylish. they might be warm but I think they should be banished to sub zero temperature days.
- BE PROUD OF YOUR APPEARANCE. I hate having chipped nails and unstraightened hair on myself and everyone has things that that they get annoyed with. Just try your best to feel comfortable in your skin.
- DO NOT WEAR CLOTHES THAT DON'T FIT. looking good in clothes has got nothing to do with your size, what does look bad though is wearing clothes that make you look like you are about to burst out of them. It makes you feel uncomfortable and is not the most pleasing sight for the general public.
- DO NOT COPY ANYONE. Yes you can get inspirations from celebs and magazines but everyone is capable of having their own style and one fashion formula doesn't work on everyone. The only way to find out what suits is by trying and I have made mistakes in the past but that's all part of finding one's individual indentity.
I have come to the conclusion that I want to share my wadrobe with others and keep this blog as a declaration of love to fashion and every single dress I own. I am seventeen years old and since I can think I have loved to dress up! I think people have become too concerned about what people think about them and one day I just decided to dress the way I LIKE IT and to stopped caring what others might think. I hope you will enjoy this blog or at least share my love for all things fashion ( oh and chocolate as you will find out about my weakness for it)