I love a good bowl of stir fried noodles and this version, with Teriyaki marinated salmon and a homemade Teriyaki sauce is all kinds of amazing!
Slicing the salmon thinly before pan frying it, allows the marinade to almost "caramelise" the fish and the final dish is better than any takeaway noodles I have had!
A new favourite when I am fancying something quick to make with all the Japanese flavours!
- Teriyaki Sauce: Mix the ingredients in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Coat salmon with 1 tablespoon of Teriyaki Sauce in a bowl, then set aside while you cook the noodles. (No need to marinate)
- Cook your noodles per the packet directions.
- Drain, briefly rinse under tap water then set aside.
- Cook salmon: Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat. Cook the salmon for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden, then remove to a plate.
- Pour any remaining sauce in the skillet over the salmon.
- Cook aromatics: Roughly clean the pan with a paper towel then return to the stove, still on high heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and cook the onion and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and cook for 1 minute.
- Noodles & sauce: Add noodles and half the Sauce.
- Toss for 2 minutes until the Sauce is absorbed. Add the remaining
- Sauce and toss to disperse.
- Then spread the noodles out in the pan, cook for 30 seconds un-disturbed.
- Repeat again 3 to 4 times (~3 min total) – a trick for nice caramelisation on the noodles (which = flavour!).
- Add back salmon: Remove pan from stove.
- Place salmon on top, break into large chunks then toss through.
- Serve: Divide between bowls and serve immediately!