It finally feels like spring is in the air and this prawn pasta is just about the perfect supper for warmer days!
Easy to make, super tasty and full of fresh flavours, you really cannot go wrong with this pasta!! Plus it's ready to be eaten in less than half an hour!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g/7oz raw king prawns, deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, or a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g spaghetti or linguine
- Large bunch of basil, leaves roughly torn
- Heat half the oil in a deep frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the prawns and half the garlic. Fry for 2–3 minutes or until the prawns turn pink.
- Tip onto a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the remaining oil, the rest of the garlic and the chilli. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce with a ladleful of the reserved cooking water and toss together to coat the pasta. Return the prawns to the pan, add the basil and toss everything together.