I have been trying to recreate the perfect Thai Drunken noodles at home for a while now, and this may just be my most successful recipe attempt yet!!
Spicy, fragrant and whipped up in under half an hour - what is not to love!!
- 2 red bird’s eyes chillis
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 400g flat rice noodles
- 200g uncooked prawns
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 30g green beans, cut into 2.5cm
- 30g spring greens, shredded
- 20g baby sweetcorn, quartered lengthways
- 20g long red chillis, finely sliced
- 1 handful of holy basil leaves
- Using a pestle and mortar, pound together the chillis and garlic to form a rough paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok set over a high heat.
- Add the garlic and chilli mixture and stir fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the flat noodles to the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute, until soft.
- Stir in the prawns, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar and mix well to combine.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the green beans, sweetcorn, sliced chillis and holy basil to the wok.
- Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until the vegetables are just cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately