My new favourite super speedy, super delicious gnocchi dish!
Ready in less than 20mins + packed full of flavours AND with burrata on top - you really cannot go wrong here!
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed2 pints cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp. Aleppo pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup double cream
- 500g gnocchi
- 1 ball fresh burrata cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced or torn
- Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until at least half the tomatoes break down and become jammy, about 10 minutes.
- Season with Aleppo chilli, salt, and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in double cream.
- When the water comes to a boil, add gnocchi and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water and drain remaining.
- Transfer cooked gnocchi and reserved pasta water to skillet with tomato sauce and toss continuously until the sauce is thickened and glossy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in fresh basil, reserving some for garnish.
- Break burrata balls into pieces and disperse evenly over pasta.
- Remove skillet from heat and garnish with reserved basil.