I mean kimchi + cheese has already proven to be an ingredient marriage made in heaven (who remembers my kimchi mac n cheese and kimchi cheese toasties recipes?!) and here combined with red miso and mushrooms creates a very rich and comforting pasta dish not too unlike a meaty bolognese.
Even better it is prepped and plated up in less than half an hour, so ideal for one of those evenings where you fancy something a bit different to your standard pasta with pesto but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen!
- 450g spaghetti
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 2 tsp red miso
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Parmesan shavings, to taste
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water by following the directions of the package.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or a large frying pan over medium high heat, add butter and let it melt.
- When the butter has melted add the mushrooms and fry until the mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Stir in kimchi, miso, sake and black pepper and cook everything together about 4 minutes.
- If the sauce gets too thick too fast, add 1/4 cup of pasta water at a time.
- Stir in cooked and drained pasta into kimchi sauce and toss everything together.
- Sprinkle on some Parmesan and enjoy!