OH. MY. GOD. This cheesecake is most likely the best cake to have ever touched my lips, essentially combining my all time favourite chocolate, those irresistibly creamy white chocolate lindor balls, with a good dash of Bailey's, a buttery shortbread base and a light cream cheese and whipped cream combo, all topped off with a lavish white chocolate glaze for an extra crunch and perfect finishing touch.
I could not stop eating this and it is impressive looking enough to be the perfect dinner party dessert centre piece but also easy enough to make when you just fancy a bloody fantastic cheesecake!
A game changer in my cheesecake making game and a cake I will for sure be making time after time again!
- 45 g Unsalted butter
- 150 g Shortbread biscuits
- 300 g Soft cream cheese
- 60 g Caster sugar
- 150 ml Double cream
- 50 ml Baileys
- 10 Lindt white chocolate Truffles
- 100 g white chocolate
- extra truffles for decorating
- Lightly grease an 6 inch loose base cake tin. (I also added a greaseproof paper circle at the bottom to help it off the base later).
- Melt the butter gently in the microwave or in a pan and then take off the heat.
- Crush the shortbread biscuits in a food processor, or put the shortbread in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them up.
- Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until all the biscuits are coated in the butter.
- Scoop the crumbs into the tin and push down to make a hard layer.
- Put in the fridge for 20-30minutes to set.
- In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and caster sugar until the sugar has dissolved and is well distributed.
- In a new bowl lightly whip the double cream until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in the double cream and cream cheese mixture together.
- Stir in the Baileys.
- Chop the truffles and mix into the cream cheese mixture.
- Remove the cake tin from the fridge and add the cream cheese to the base and put back into the fridge to set. It takes roughly about 45-60 minutes.
- When it is set remove from the fridge and remove from the tin.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl in 10 second bursts in the microwave. Once it’s melted, allow to cool for a few minutes but while it’s still molten drizzle over the cheesecake.
- For Decorations you can add more truffles!