The type of recipe when only a hearty bowl of pasta will do!
Fancy pasta shape optional but encouraged....
- 500G RIGATONI
- ¼ CUP (60ML) EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 MEDIUM AUBERGINES, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC, THINLY SLICED
- 400G CAN CHOPPED TOMATOES
- BUNCH OF BASIL, ROUGHLY TORN
- 2 BALLS OF BURRATA, TORN
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan placed over high heat.
- Add the aubergine, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomato, reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until the aubergine is tender.
- Add half the burrata and stir until creamy and melted.
- Add the pasta, basil and reserved cooking liquid to the pan and toss to combine.
- Divide between plates and top with remaining burrata to serve.