Shortcrust pastry (bought ready made because who needs that extra mess), topped with slow caramelised onions, creamy brie and sliced sweet potato - sounds heavenly, tasted utterly amazing and also looked stunning! Rustled up in less than an hour (including baking time) this galette is sure to impress and features easy get and delicious ingredients! ENOY!
MAKES ONE MEDIUM SIZE GALETTE
- Olive oil
- 2 medium or 1 big yellow onions, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 ready-rolled shortcrust pastry sheet
- 150g mild brie, thinly sliced
- 1egg beaten, to glaze
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan then add the onion and a good pinch of salt.
- Cook gently for 20-30 minutes or until really soft, golden and caramelised.
- While the onions are cooking, drop the sweet potatoes into boiling salted water and cook for about 5 minutes or until just tender but still keeping their shape.
- Drain in a large colander.Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Unroll the pastry and gently roll to make it square-shaped.
- Lay a dinner plate approximately 28cm on top of the pastry and use as a template to cut around.
- Put the pastry on a lined baking tray.
- Spread the onion over the pastry, leaving a 2cm border.
- Top the onion with the brie then lay over the sweet potatoes in a neat overlapping pattern. Brush with a little more olive oil then season all over.
- Fold the border back over the edges of the sweet potatoes.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Put in the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.