This super quick to make starter makes the most of in-season strawberries and the combo of sweet, tangy and creamy is pretty irresistible, plus it looks rather stunning plated up too!
SERVES 2 AS A STARTER
- 250g strawberries, quartered
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- A small handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1x Burrata ball - I swear by Waitrose's wonderful restaurant quality version
- Mix the strawberries in a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, basil and a good pinch each salt and black pepper. Pop in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the strawberries onto a serving platter.
- Split the burrata ball, put on the platter, then drizzle any juices left in the bowl over the top.
- Grind black pepper over the top and scatter with basil leaves to serve.
Post a Comment