I adore this spicy, Korean inspired twist on your classic Mac n cheese! Even better, it takes less than half an hour to make and is proper winter comfort food.
A new fav!
- 7 Cloves Of Garlic
- 4 Spring Onions
- 250g Kimchi
- 300g Mature Cheddar Cheese
- 200g Emmental Cheese
- 500g Macaroni
- 50g Butter
- 3 Tbsp Gochujang
- 3 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 550ml Milk
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- A Small Handful Of Parsley
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 40g Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Roughly chop up your garlic, spring onions and kimchi.
- Grate the cheddar and emmental cheese.
- Get a large pan of boiling salted water and cook your pasta.
- Get a large pan on a medium heat and melt the butter with 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 4 mins until golden and softened.
- Whisk in the gochujang and cook for 1 min.
- Whisk the flour into the butter and cook for 2 mins.
- Then slowly drizzle in half the milk whisking constantly to form a thick paste.
- Add the remaining milk and mix until smooth.
- Add in grated cheese, honey and the cooked pasta.
- Mix well until combined.
- Fold in the kimchi and spring onions and season to taste.
- You may not need any salt if your kimchi is already very salty.Finely chop the parsley and grate 3/4 of the parmesan cheese.
- Combine these with the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Spoon the mac and cheese into an oven proof dish and top with the breadcrumbs.
- Grate on the remaining parm and bake for 20 mins until the top is browned and the inside is gooey.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins and enjoy.