I am in the midst of show season so down time, even at the weekends has becoming rather scarce.
However I am still trying to squeeze a bit of cooking and recipe researching in - it may not be of my usual more elaborate calibre, but does gives me half an hour or so to switch off and chop away and beats a takeaway in any case!
These cheesy kimchi noodles are rustled up in less than 30mins, are super delicious, look restaurant worthy and were the perfect way for me to get my culinary fix when time is of the essence
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Packet Kimchi Flavoured Instant Noodles
- 80g Kimchi
- ½ Heaped Tbsp Gochujang
- 1 Tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 80g Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Toasted White/Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 ½ Tsp Chilli Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Mince your garlic and slice your spring onions. Set aside separately.
- Grate your cheddar and also set aside.
- Cook your instant noodles according to packet instructions. Drain using a sieve, saving the noodle-cooking water. Rinse the noodles with cold water.
- Pour a glug of vegetable oil into a pan and add in the kimchi, minced garlic and spring onions. Give it a good stir.
- Add in your cooked noodles with your Gochujang, kewpie mayo and 4 tbsp of the reserved noodle-cooking water.
- Give it a good mix then add in grated cheddar and sugar and give it another mix.
- Fry your egg in a separate pan until it's golden and crispy around the edges.
- Plate up your noodles with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, spring onions and a drizzle of chilli oil. Enjoy.