Well, summer seems to have exited the room quite swiftly and though I am in no way a fan of autumn and winter temperatures, I am a fan of proper comfort food dishes that are the best way to warm up over these colder seasons.
This vegetarian friendly lasagna is packed with yummy roast butternut squash, wilted spinach and creamy ricotta and is a comforting, easy to make dinner that will make the shorter days definitely more bearable!
- 2 Butternut Squash
- 1 Heaped Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 500g Lasagna Sheets
- 100g Parmesan
- 150g Mozzarella (1 Ball)
- 400g Spinach
- 6 Sage Leaves
- 250g Ricotta
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Halve and de-seed your butternut squash.
- Whack them in oven for 50 minutes or until soft.
- Now to make the spinach filling.
- Finely chop your garlic.
- Throw them in a pan with some olive oil.
- Cook for 30 seconds, and then drop in your spinach.
- Once wilted (1 minute), add your chopped sage leaves.
- Then, add half of your ricotta and 30g of your Parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Take your butternut squash out the oven and remove the skins.
- Place one butternut squash in a blender.
- Pulse, adding water, until you have a puree.
- Cube your other butternut squash into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, place your butternut puree, your butternut cubes, the other half of your ricotta, a large tsp of Dijon mustard, some salt and some pepper.
- Mix it all together.
- Now time to assemble your lasagna!
- In an oven proof dish, put a layer of butternut mixture.
- Then layer on some lasagna sheets.
- Then a spinach layer, topped with a good grating of Parmesan.
- Add another layer of lasagna sheets, more butternut squash filling and then more lasagna sheets.
- Finally, spoon over the remainder of your butternut squash and spinach mixture to make the top layer.
- Cover with discs of mozzarella, and grate the rest of your Parmesan over the top.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, a good grinding of black pepper, and put into the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- AND Enjoy!
Post a Comment