Autumn may be upon us but I am keeping the late summer spirit alive with this wonderfully fresh dish, packed full of fresh veg, omega 3 rich fish and all the zingy flavours that remind me of the warmer days that now seem a distant memory!
- 2 Sea bass fillets
- 750g new potatoes
- 250g plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 100g of green olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zest grated
- To serve: garlic mayo of your choice
- Roast your potatoes, tossed in a little olive and seasoned with salt, in the oven at 200c for about 20 mins
- Once they have started to brown use a fork to crush each potato down a little (this will make them extra crispy) and roast them in the other for an extra 10 minutes.
- Once ready take them out of the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the other ingredients
- Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper and score each skin 3-4 times with a knife, season the skin with salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat, add a splash of oil.
- Fry the fish skin side down for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden, flip and cook for 1 more minute, add a squeeze of lemon and remove from the pan to a warm plate and cover
- Add a splash more oil to the pan, fry the onion and garlic for 2 mins, add the tomato’s and olive, cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes begin to blister and brown.
- Add in your roast crushed potatoes, lemon zest, squeeze of juice, parsley with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss together with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve the fish with the potato, tomato and olive salad.
Post a Comment