Cooking and recipe research time is currently non existent because of fashion show month but I still managed to rustle up this wonderfully spicy and creamy crab pasta with tomatoes after being backstage at a show all day and my god it was quite frankly food for the soul!!! Easy, quick yet still with an indulgent feel to it, you can't go wrong here.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot , finely chopped
- 2 fat garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli , deseeded and chopped
- 100g fresh dressed crab
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
- pinch of sugar
- 50ml single or double cream
- 400g linguine
- 170g can crabmeat chunks in brine, drained
- Handful basil, leaves only, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and boil the kettle for the pasta.
- Add the shallot to the oil and gently sizzle for 5 mins until soft.
- Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Tip the kettle of hot water into a large pan, add the pasta and cook following pack instructions. Meanwhile, add the dressed crab to the frying pan.
- Drain the tomatoes over a bowl and tip the juice into the pan.
- Add the sugar, cream and some seasoning.
- Bubble gently while the pasta cooks.
- Just before the pasta is finished, add the cherry tomatoes and crabmeat chunks to the pan, stir for 1-2 mins, then drain the pasta (reserve a little pasta water) and add this too.
- Cook everything for another min, adding a splash of pasta water if the sauce looks dry, then season to taste.
- Stir through the basil and serve.
Post a Comment