OK, ok I will stop with the white asparagus obsession soon but while its are still in season I simply HAD to share this super delicious, simple and quick to make recipe for a creamy pasta with a twist!
It's truly no gourmet cooking, more the sort of thing you can rustle up after a long day of work when only a bowl of carbs will, but it's still packed full of lovely flavours and textures and the grilled cod makes a fab omega 3 packed finishing touch.
- 500G WHITE ASPARAGUS
- BUNCH OF TARRAGON
- 1X LEMON
- 2 TBSP BUTTER
- 2 COD FILETTS
- 400G SPAGHETTI
- 250ML DOUBLE CREAM
- Peel the asparagus and snap off the woody ends.
- Cut off the asparagus tips and set aside.
- Cut the remaining asparagus spears into bite sized chunks.
- Next up, finely chop the tarragon.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of the butter in a frying pan and add the asparagus tips.
- Sauté until starting to brown.
- Wash and pat dry the cod fillets, then season them on both sides.
- Now time for the spaghetti!
- Cook them until al dente in salted boiling water, adding the chopped up asparagus spears when there is about 4 minutes of cooking time left so that they get cooked through as well.
- Drain pasta and asparagus chunks, keeping a little of the cooking water to one side.
- Return the drained pasta and asparagus to the saucepan.
- Add the double cream, juice of one lemon, chopped tarragon and salt and mix well over a medium heat, adding some pasta water if needed to make a creamy sauce.
- Heat up the remaining butter in another frying pan and pan fry the cod fillets for 3 minutes on each side until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve up the pasta, topping it with the asparagus tips and cod fillet.
- Serve immediately!