WOW, OH WOW. This bowl of goodness proves that healthy food does not have to lack in flavour and I for sure will be adding this vitamin packed dinner to my regular recipe rotation.
Why? Well, who knew massaging kale and shredded brussel sprouts, once they have been lathered in a cayenne pepper, mustard and honey dressing, would make them so damn tasty and silky!
Add to the supergreens some blueberries, pomegranate seeds, pickled red onions and pine nuts and you've got quite spectacular base! Even better when topped with a fragrant and juicy piece of miso marinated salmon for some extra omega 3, fresh slices of avocado for those healthy fats and some beetroot chunks for colour.
It's filled with things that are good for you and also taste bloody brilliant.
The perfect dish to brighten up a winter day and make you feel good inside and out!
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 200g shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 150g cooked beetroot, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (use more or less depending on desired spice level)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, and 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let stand until ready to use.
- Combine olive oil, soy sauce, and miso in a wide-rimmed bowl.
- Add salmon and gently toss to coat.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Lemon-Cayenne Dressing by combining lemon juice, honey, Dijon, cayenne, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Gradually stream in olive oil, whisking constantly, until emulsified.
- Place kale and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and add half of dressing.
- Gently massage dressing into greens for 30 to 60 seconds until they start to soften.
- Add blueberries, pomegranates and nuts; toss to combine.
- Preheat your oven to 220 celsius.
- Place the marinated salmon fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until just opaque in center. (If the salmon starts to burn, move it to lower rack.)
- Assemble salad by dividing kale mixture evenly between each of 2 bowls.
- Drain pickled red onions and scatter evenly overtop.
- Top each salad with one miso-glazed salmon fillet, plus some avocado slices and beetroot cubes.
- Drizzle remaining dressing evenly overtop AND ENJOY!
Post a Comment