January may be over but I am still on a health kick before I turn the big 3-0 later this month and this smoked paprika chunky vegetable soup is the ideal filling, fragrant and super healthy dinner that is made in one pot and in less than half an hour.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large leek, white only, sliced
- 7-8 cups vegetable broth,
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, to taste
- 1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 150g fresh green beans, sliced in 5cm chunks
- 2-3 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, rough chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, rough chopped, plus more for garnish
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drizzle the olive oil in the bottom of a sauce pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, zucchini, carrots, celery and leeks. Saute for 3-4 minutes or just until the olive oil is no longer visible on the bottom of the pan and well distributed on the vegetables.
- Add the vegetable broth, canned tomatoes, green beans and tomato paste. Stir and cook for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in the smoked paprika, butter beans, kidney beans and balsamic vinegar.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the fresh chopped herbs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish each bowl with fresh chopped parsley and basil and ground black pepper.
Post a Comment