I of course shared my recipe for cinnamon overnight oats the other day but I thought it was time to take things up a notch with this rather snazzy, and dare I say Ottolenghi inspired, take on baked oats
Because, as it turns out tahini and oats are a match made in heaven, especially with some maple syrup and fresh figs added!
A total breakfast taste sensation that also happens to be vegan and very filling without weighing you down! A very dreamy and easy to make dish to set you up for the day in style.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 - 3 super ripe figs, quartered
- Sesame seeds (optional)
TAHINI MAPLE SAUCE
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar in this order: oats, almond milk, maple syrup, tahini, and stir well!
- Put a lid on it and refrigerate overnight or for 6 - 8 hours.
- Mix the tahini, maple syrup, nut milk, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl or small measuring cup until smooth, cover and refrigerate until your oats are ready.
- Remove the oats from the fridge, add to a bowl then finish with lashings of the tahini sauce and arrange the quartered figs on top.
- Add a final sprinkle of sesame seeds AND ENJOY!