A healthy wholesome breakfast that also tastes amazing? Yup, you heard right! I've seen overnight oats hyped in all corners of the internet but never made them until now because, not being a massive fan of porridge, I really didn't thin I would enjoy them much.
Well turns out I was wrong! Soaking the oats in almond milk overnight gives them an almost custard like, creamy texture and with the right spices added to the mix this is a super yummy, filling and satisfying breakfast to set you up for the day.
The cream cheese topping is not a must and a little indulgent but bloody fantastic, and hey this is still a lot more healthy than any morning pastry!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A good grating of fresh cardamon
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of blueberries
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- A splash of vanilla extract
- Icing sugar to taste
- Add oats, cinnamon, cardamon, brown sugar and vanilla extract to a mason jar.
- Mix until combined.
- Add your almond milk and mix together.
- Place in fridge for at least two hours but preferably overnight.
- In a small bowl beat together cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar, cover and leave until your oats are ready.
- Pour oat mixture into a bowl and top with cream cheese (or pip it if you are feeling fancy) and the blueberries AND ENJOY!
Post a Comment