The wasabi infused cream sauce with ginger is a dream and pretty mild, so don't be put off by the potential heat, and works a treat when tossed with ribbons of pappardelle and smoked salmon.
Made in under 30 minutes, this dish looks and tastes restaurant quality when plated up and will impress your loved ones, no matter who they are, or work perfectly for a solo dinner! Cooking for me is a form of love anyway, especially when you make lovely dishes like this.
- 200g smoked Salmon, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 200g edamame beans, thawed and blanche, (Waitrose has them super cheap frozen)
- 450g pappardelle (or another wide pasta shape)
- 2-3 tablespoon wasabi paste (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup pickled sushi ginger
- 1 1⁄4 cups single cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan (optional)
- chopped chives
- salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Chop 1/4 cup of the ginger and reserve.
- Pour cream into saucepan with half the chopped salmon.
- Reserve the rest for topping.
- Add butter and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and whisk in wasabi paste, chopped ginger and parmesan, if using.
- Season generously.
- Add pasta and edamame beans.
- Toss to coat in sauce.
- Transfer to pasta bowls and garnish with pickled ginger, chives and remaining smoked salmon ribbons.