I mean, yes, overindulging is all fun and games during Christmas but by day 2 of those lost days between Christmas and NYE my body was literally screaming for nutrients, and after a takeaway and carb filled New Year's Day, I knew some healthy cooking was more than in order for me for the foreseeable future.
So get ready for a lockdown January, brightened up a little, I hope, with some healthy yet tasty recipe inspiration from me!
Starting off with this veg packed ramen noodle soup, topped with all the healthy fats from a juicy salmon fillet on top and lots of other good things from a warming and spicy miso broth.
This is food for the soul to make up for the sins of the last few weeks and to help us get through which will, no doubt, be a rather bleak first month of what will hopefully be an altogether more cheerful 2021 (here is hoping).
INGREDIENTSCHILLI ROAST SALMON & SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
- 2 boneless salmon fillets (skins on)
- 150g shitaake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic chilli sauce
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon hondashi granules or more to taste (optional, if you have a good Asian supermarket near you)
- 2 baby bok choy – sliced thin, lengthwise
- 100g brussel sprouts, halved
- 150g broccoli florets
- Good handful of beansprouts
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 300g ramen noodles, cooked according to instructions
- 2 eggs ( boiled for 6 minutes for gooey centre)
- 1 Nori sheet, cut into thin, short strips
- Preheat oven to 250 degree celsius
- Stir the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and chilli sauce together in a small bowl.
- Brush the marinade over both sides of salmon and shiitake mushrooms and place on a baking paper lined baking sheet.
- Cook for about 8-9 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Set aside.
- Next cook the noodles and make the broth
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a big pot.
- Add the white miso paste, hondashi and stir until combined.
- Add all your veg (apart from the beansprouts) and bring to a boil until everything is just cooked.
- Keep at a very low simmer and add the beansprouts.
- Divide the noodles among two bowls.
- Top with the salmon and shiitake mushrooms.
- Arrange bok choy around the noodles and ladle the flavorful broth and other vegetable on top.
- Garnish with soft boiled eggs and nori strips
- Serve with chopsticks and a spoon
Post a Comment