My bang bang prawn bibimbap is a super yummy, veg packed Korean inspired dish that takes a little time to prep (lots of chopping involved but I quite enjoy that) and replaces the typical rice base of a bibimbap with spicy stir fried noodles.
The perfect dish when you need something a bit more healthy in-between the upcoming festive indulgence!
- About 2 tbsp sesame oil divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 package precooked egg noodles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, divided
- 2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 courgette, cut into matchsticks
- 1-2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 package bean sprouts
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil for frying
- 250g uncooked king prawns
- ½ cup light mayo
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- In a medium-sized frying pan, heat 1 tsp sesame oil over med-high heat.
- Add each of the veggies (courgettes, carrots, mushrooms, cabbage and bean sprouts) and 1 tsp soy sauce one at a time, cooking for 2-3 min until softened.
- For instance, you will stir fry the courgette for a couple minutes, then place separately in a small bowl and continue these steps with all veggies listed until each is cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix light mayo, sweet chilli sauce and sriracha together.
- Set aside as the Bang Bang sauce.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over med-high heat.
- Fry prawn for 2-3 min per side until cooked, then remove from heat and let them drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Toss in Bang Bang sauce until well-coated.
- Deglaze large frying pan, then add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp sesame oil.
- Add garlic and sauté for 10 seconds over med-high heat.
- Add noodles, remaining soy sauce (should be a couple tbsp) and sriracha, stir frying for 5-7 min until noodles are softened.
- Divide noodles evenly among bowls.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the large frying pan and fry the 2 eggs over med-low heat, carefully ensuring that they don't overcook.
- When yolk is still mildly runny, remove from heat and place on top of noodles.
- Add about 1/4 cup veggies (or about a handful) to each bowl, including kimchi and spring onions.
- Add bang bang prawns and enjoy!