These incredibly tasty buns are made with readymade pizza dough (I know, what a life hack right?) so are rustled up with minimum fuss! The end result, eaten straight out of the oven, is pretty next level amazing - crunchy, cinnamon-y and gooey, making them the perfect indulgent dessert for any dinner party!
- All-purpose flour for the work surface
- 1 store-bought pizza dough, thawed if frozen (my go-to is from the Northern Dough Co.)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- On a floured work surface, roll dough to a 10-by-18-inch rectangle.
- Dot upper two-thirds of dough with 1/2 cup butter and fold dough like a letter.
- Roll dough out to a rectangle again.
- Refrigerate on a baking sheet until firm, 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, pecans, and salt.
- Leaving a 1/2-inch border, dot dough with 3 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Starting at a long end, roll up dough like a rolly polly.
- Cut crosswise into pieces.
- Place each piece, cut side down in a small baking tray.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Immediately invert buns onto a serving platter or baking sheet.
- Serve warm.