I love a good pasta on any given Friday night but sometimes I really crave vegetables, particularly when they are prepped as spectacularly as the recipe I am about to share with you!
I think this roast sweet potato with tahini, kale and capers may be the most delicious way I have ever eaten a sweet p (and i’ve eaten many) - somehow the combo of textures and flavours works like an absolute dream and I have been thinking of making it again ever since I gobbled this up a couple of weeks ago.
This was honestly tone of the most satisfying, healthy, vegetarian dinners I have had in a long time and a a way with sweet potatoes that everyone needs to try asap!
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 180g Kale
- 125g Capers
- 6 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 6 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F.
- While your oven heats up, coat your sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and 2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Rub everything in. Then, put them in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Time for your dressing.
- Add your tahini to a bowl, with 3 tsp of olive oil, your sesame oil and your soy sauce.
- Add 1.5 tsp of chilli flakes, the juice of a lemon and a pinch of pepper before adding 1.5 tbsp of water and mixing it all together until it becomes a smooth dressing.
- Once mixed, grate in the zest of the lemon and another sprinkling of pepper.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a frying pan and add your capers.
- Fry these on a high heat until they are crispy and remove them from your pan.
- In the same pan, add your kale, with another drizzle of olive oil.
- Peel and slice your garlic cloves, then add them to the pan with 2 tsp of chilli flakes as well as a sprinkling salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, remove your potatoes from the oven and slice them length-ways.
- Add on a good spoonful of your tahini dressing.
- Then stuff the potatoes with the fried kale and generously sprinkle the capers on top.
- Drizzle more tahini dressing over the top, with a sprinkling of your remaining chilli flakes and you’re ready to tuck in!