Sometimes I will quite spontaneously research a recipe to fulfil a particular craving that will suddenly hit me. One slightly hungover Saturday I could not stop thinking about a creamy, yummy prawn pasta but also was in no mood to make a mess in the kitchen or spend hours prepping.
Thank god then that I stumbled across this super easy yet very delicious recipe which you'll have plated up and ready to eat in less than 15 minutes!
Using two pots max and with a tiny bit of chopping and a hint of stirring, you will end up with a wonderful bowl of pasta, literally MADE to be eaten on the sofa, in pjs, binge watching a new tv show of your choice. Not a very rock n roll Saturday night but hey, one we all need once in a while!
- 300g raw king prawns
- 450g tagliatelle
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 medium-sized whitw onion, sliced
- 1 medium-sized tomato diced
- 1/2 cup passata
- 1 cup double cream
- 2 tbsp mozzarella, grated
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, add pasta and cook about 1 minute less than the recommended time. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chilli flakes and cook until fragrant.
- Add prawns, onion, and tomato and cook, stirring occasionally until the prawns turn pink in colour.
- Add tomato sauce and double cream and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and stir in the pasta and cheese.
- Combine everything together and garnish with parsley.
Post a Comment