This my third successful dessert involving Bailey's in probably as many weeks and I have to say this one is a total game changer when it comes to your tiramisu efforts!
Why? Well there is nothing wrong with your regular, authentic Italian tiramisu, which of course comes with a mix of coffee and marsala, a sweet fortified wine, but replacing the marsala with the creamy alcoholic goodness that is Baileys just makes it EVEN better, trust me.
It is also a dessert that is basically an easy and fun assembly job, done in less than 20 minutes, and even more conveniently a total "prep ahead" situation - make it the night before, chill it in the fridge and have it ready for your rule of 6 or less dinner party, it will be a hit all round!
- 300ml strong black coffee, freshly made and cooled + 3 tbsp baileys
- 700ml double cream
- 250g mascarpone
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 60ml Baileys
- 400g Italian sponge fingers
- Some white chocolate to grate on top
- Mix the coffee and baileys in a shallow bowl.
- Whip the cream, mascarpone, sugar & Baileys together in another bowl until the mixture forms soft peaks and set aside.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee and Baileys mixture for a few seconds on each side until they’re well soaked but not collapsing and layer them to cover the bottom of your glass dish.
- Add 1/3 of the cream and spread over the sponge biscuits.
- Add a second layer of soaked sponge biscuits followed with the second 1/3 of cream.
- Finish with the third layer of soaked biscuits and smooth over the remaining cream.
- Using a grater shave some white chocolate on top.
- Chill until ready to serve, but for at least 3 hours, I recommend making it the night before so all the flavours can properly infuse.