This is another super easy 'make ahead' type of dessert that you can whip up in a matter of minutes and which is sure to impress anyone that samples it!
All ingredients are readily available but the end result doesn’t only look super cute, I mean what doesn’t with added sprinkles, but tastes amazing, literally like a heavenly, fudgy white chocolate birthday cake concoction.
Make sure to make this the night before so it has plenty of time to set and use decent quality white chocolate to stop it from being too sickly. I served this as a dessert for one of my Friday night dinner (although I was nibbling on the rests all weekend afterwards) but this would also make a great gift if packaged up nicely!
One for sure to be added to my ever growing sweet tooth pleasing recipe repertoire.
- 100g birthday cake mix powder (I used this Betty Crocker one I found at Waitrose)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 250g white chocolate, broken up into pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- A bag of coloured sprinkles to be distributed on top!
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking dish with aluminium foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, butter, white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Add white cake mix and vanilla extract. Whisk slowly for a minute or two until it starts to bubble, and then remove from heat.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- While still warm, add sprinkles across the top and press them lightly into the surface.
- Refrigerate overnight to firm up.
- Using a rigid spatula, loosen the fudge from the edge of the pan, cut pieces and lift out for serving. Enjoy!