I cannot wait to get into proper cooking again now that shows are over but I did manage to make this delightful salmon dish a few weeks ago.
Salmon gets topped with harissa before being roasted in the oven and gets accompanied with the most wonderful room temperature pasta salad made out of sautéed courgette slices, which get tossed in lots of her herbs, vinegar and oil, feta and pasta with the final result topped with flaked almonds.
It's a fresh, filling and wonderful fragrant supper that will make you go for seconds.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tsp harissa
- 350g trofie pasta
- 1 courgette
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to fry and drizzle
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, plus half its juice
- ¼ bunch dill, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch mint, finely chopped
- 30g pitted black olives, sliced
- 40g feta
- 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Heat the oven to 180°C fan/gas 6 and bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Put the salmon fillets in a small baking dish and spread the harissa over them.
- Put the salmon in the oven and the orzo in the water and cook both for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a large frying pan over a high heat and finely slice the courgette into thin discs.
- Add a dash of oil to the pan followed by the courgettes and, in batches, cook for a few minutes on each side until golden and lightly charred.
- Once all the courgettes are cooked, put them in a bowl with the vinegar, lemon zest and half the juice and herbs.
- Season with salt and give them a good mix, then set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the trofie is cooked, drain it and run it under cold water to prevent it sticking together.
- Toss the trofie with the courgettes, then add the olives and crumble in the feta.
- Transfer to a serving platter, top with the salmon and sprinkle with the toasted almonds and a final drizzle of oil.