A super easy to make, summery pasta dish that not only looks stunning plated up but is packed with flavours and is ready in less than half an hour - what is not to love!
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 150g fresh basil
- 75g fresh spinach
- 100g rocket
- 400g spaghetti
- 300g creme fraiche
- 60g parmesan
- 8fresh figs
- Olive oil
- Finely chop the shallot and garlic.
- Quarter the figs.
- Cut the spinach into thin strips and roughly chop the basil.
- Remove the stems from the rocket leafs and set the prepped veg and figs aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti then return them to the saucepan and cover.
- In the meantime heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in frying pan.
- Add the figs and fry on a medium heat for around a minute, turning them a few times.
- Remove the figs from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the shallots and garlic.
- Sauté them for two mins until they start to become translucent then add spinach.
- When the spinach begins to wilt, add the creme fraiche, give it all a good mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Add your pasta then mix through the rocket and some of the basil.
- Plate up the pasta and top with the fig quarters, more basil and parmesan and ENJOY!
Post a Comment