Show season is finally over and I am hoping I will now get back to posting regular recipes!!
While it still absolutely miserable outside I thought I would share this wonderfully warming recipe for Miso salmon with udon noodles and roasted green veg.
It's packed full of the good stuff, while udon noodles for me are proper slurp up comfort food.
I can't wait to get back into more elaborate cooking now that I have my weekends back so keep your eyes peeled!
- 1 tbsp each of miso, sake and mirin
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on
- 400g udon noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, plus extra to serve
- 2tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- Grilled or roasted Brussel sprouts
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a container or dish and add in the salmon, turning to coat. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the udon noodles according to the directions on the packet.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and dress with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the olive or vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the salmon, skin side down, to the pan, reserving any excess marinade.
- Cook until the salmon is golden (approximately 2 minutes), turn the salmon over and pour over the reserved marinade.
- Cook until the salmon is just cooked through (or still slightly raw in the middle which is my fav) and slightly charred.
- Divide the noodles amongst two bowls and top each with a piece of salmon, the broccoli and sprouts.
- Top with a little more sesame oil and sesame seeds and season with some sea salt.
Post a Comment