I am a little bit of obsessed with this breakfast for dinner or "brinner" situation here!
Why? Well slowly sautéed potato, leeks and onion work an absolute treat when combined with plenty of
Top this all with some fresh, just set eggs and final drizzle of paprika and chilli flake infused butter and you get yourself one show stopping, vegetarian friendly and pretty healthy supper! A new favourite of mine when I want comfort food that delivers on the nutrient side also!
- 1 large onion
- 2 leeks
- 400g baby new potatoes
- 150 kale
- 200g spinach
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 bunch of Parsley
- 1 bunch of Dill
- 4 Eggs
- 200g Greek Yoghurt
- 30g butter
- ½ Tsp smoked Paprika
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Finely slice the onion and leeks and dice the potato into roughly 2cm cubes.
- Sweat in 3 tbsp of olive oil over a medium heat until the onion and leek are turning golden and the potato is softening.
- This will take about 7 or 8 mins.
- Slice the kale, add it to the pan and cook for another few mins until soft.
- Now add the spinach in 2 halves, with a pinch of salt each time, and let it wilt down.
- Once all of the spinach is cooked, finely chop all of the herbs and add along with the cumin and a big pinch of salt.
- Once the herbs have wilted, taste and check for seasoning.
- After you add the eggs it will be harder to season the mix so do it now.
- Make four little dips in the vegetable mix and crack an egg into each one.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the heat and steam cook the eggs.
- Take the pan off the heat just before the eggs are done, they will keep cooking for another minute or so.
- Add a few dollops of Greek yoghurt and spread it around a bit.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Once hot, add the paprika and chilli and swirl the butter around before pouring it over the eggs.