Seared tuna slices (marinated in coriander, chipotle and lime), are layered on top of an avocado crema (avocado blended with chipotle paste and sour cream), the most delicious pineapple salsa, while wonderfully vibrant radishes are added as finishing touch to make one stunning taco, both in taste and look.
And then there were the mushroom tacos!!! My god...they were quite the revelation and "meaty" enough in their flavour and texture to convert even the most committed carnivore.
Thick slices of portobello mushrooms are marinated in the most wonderful concoction of spices, orange juice and chipotle paste. before they are thrown onto a griddle pan for a proper char which gives them incredible depth of flavour.
Add some smashed avocado and an irresistible chilli slaw and you get yourself quite the memorable veggie friendly taco!
Both these tacos totally wowed me and were actually also super fun to make!
Perfect for when you want to impress dinner guests and best served, of course, with a spicy Marg on the side!SEARED TUNA TACOS
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1 chipotle, ground to a rough powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to season
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 150g fresh pineapple, diced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2 small ripe avocado
- 100ml sour cream
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 150g red cabbage, finely shredded
- small tortillas
- Lay the tuna into a shallow tray and sprinkle both sides with chipotle, oregano, lime zest and salt. Drizzle over the olive oil and coat well on both sides.
- Place the radishes into a small bowl, sprinkle with a little salt and squeeze over the lime juice. Mix well and leave to pickle.
- Next mix all the ingredients together for the salsa.
- Lay the tuna steaks on a hot griddle pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from the pan and let them rest up for a couple of minutes on a tray.
- Meanwhile heat up the tortillas in an oven until they are warm.
- Slice the tuna and begin to assemble some tacos.
- Spoon the avocado crema down first, then cabbage, tuna slices and then the salsa.
- Finally sprinkle over some pickled radishes and serve.