This is not so much a recipe but rather my go to dinner when I feel hungover, run down or just generally in need of a super nutritious, healthy and delicious dinner!
Even better you literally only need a tray, a bowl and a bit of chopping to make it in order to end up with a plate FULL of vitamins that is FAR from boring or tasteless!
Heck the 4 ingredient tahini, lemon & honey dressing and pomegranate seed topping make these roasted vegetables pretty fancy with minimal cooking involved!
Tailor the veg you roast to your taste - I go for a mix of everything I like but it also depends what mood I am in and what is in season, there is no"wrong" veg to add to the tray, and allow plenty of time for the veg and oven to do their thing! There is literally nothing worse than barely cooked or soggy veg, a little bit of a char is indeed encouraged!
I eat this several times a month and NEVER get bored of it. So simple, so good and literally food for the soul.
Really this is where you do you, these are just my favourites. If you include sweet potato and squash I would recommend whacking them in the microwave for 4 minutes so they precook a little and won't end up raw when the other veg is lovely and roasted
- Red onions, quartered
- Sweet potato, diced
- Butternut squash, diced
- Cooked beetroot, quartered
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Sprouting Broccoli
- Carrots (kept whole)
- Pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Lukewarm water (to thin)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c.
- Place your prepped veg on a baking tray and toss everything in olive oil.
- Season with salt.
- Roast for a good 45-50mins (check once in a while and give the veg a toss so it cooks evenly).
- Meanwhile prepare the tahini sauce. To a medium mixing bowl, add tahini, lemon juice, and maple syrup and season with salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add water until creamy and pourable.
- The mixture may seize up and thicken at first, but continue adding water a little at a time and whisking until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity, salt for saltiness, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- When the veg is lovely and roasted top with the pomegranate seeds and drizzle over the tahini sauce