THANK GOD summer appears to be back this weekend and if you need some cooking inspo look no further than this pasta dish that literally screams ITALIAN HOLIDAY, a real bonus as most of us are probably not going to make it anywhere near Sicily, Capri or Sardinia this year.
Squid ink pasta is not a must but does add a wow factor and most well stocked delis should have it!
A super easy to make dinner that will not fail to impress - best served with an Aperol Spritz on a balmy summer evening.
- 500g squid ink pasta
- 400g cooked king prawns
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Lemon juice and zest from one small lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- Black pepper and salt- to taste
- 2 fresh burrata balls
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the squid ink pasta and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining. Drain and keep aside.
- In a large frying pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes to the frying pan.
- Season with salt and red chilli flakes
- Cook until the tomatoes start to pop, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 40-50 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to low, add 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water, honey , lemon juice and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce thicken slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta and prawns.
- Mix well. If needed , add more pasta water to thin the sauce.
- Divide the pasta between the bowls and top with burrata.