A super easy dessert recipe that not only tastes absolutely amazing but also looks fabulous! Make this the night before your dinner so that the bark can set. Vanilla wafers aren’t as common in supermarkets in the UK as they are in Europe but corner shops tend to stock them super cheap in their continental snacks section. Feel free to play with other fruit toppings as well although the acidity of the berries really helps to offset the sweetness of the white chocolate in this case
- 400g white chocolate (if you can splash out go for Green & Blacks though CO-OP’s own fair-trade white chocolate also worked a treat here)
- 1 packet of vanilla wafers (if you don’t know what I am talking about these are the classic Italian ones)
- Punnet of blueberries
- Punnet of strawberries (sliced)
- Punnet of blackberries
- Melt the white chocolate (I always place the broken up chocolate pieces in a ceramic bowl and then pop it all in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds at a time to avoid burning - it will melt super quick once you give it a stir after each interval).
- Line baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Distribute wafers to line bottom of the tray and avoid any gaps (cut wafers to fit if you have to).
- Pour melted white chocolate evenly over the top.
- Arrange berries on top of the chocolate and press down slightly - I went for a nice alternating pattern but do whatever you fancy!
- Let it set over night, cut bark into squares and enjoy!
I told you it couldn’t be easier!
Post a Comment