Hope you try at least one of them and let me know what you think! Both have been firmly added to my recipe repertoire!!
BAKED GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES AND MOZZARELLA
SERVES 3-4 (more like 3)
· 500g store-bought gnocchi
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 2 thinly sliced shallots
· 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
· 1 tablespoon tomato paste
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 1/2 tsp. black pepper
· 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
· 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
· 1 tin crushed tomatoes
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
· 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
· 1 tablespoon heavy cream
· 240g fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.
ONE-POT ENCHILADA PASTA
500g pasta (I used Barillag gluten free fusilli)
2 jars of ready made enchilada sauce (El Paso does a great one)
1 can of refried beans
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1 cup of vegetable broth
1 big tin of sweetcorn
3/4 can of black beans (drained + rinsed)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
120g grated cheese (I used cheddar)
Fresh coriander and chopped spring onion
Finely Diced Jalapeño
Serve with lime wedges for a burst of citrus flavour and freshly made guacamole on the side!
- Preheat oven too 175 degrees celsius.
- To make the sauce combine your enchilada sauce and refried beans in a large saucepan and whisk together to mix well. This unsuspecting combo amps up the flavor, adds luscious thickness, and boosts the protein/fiber content of your zest red enchilada sauce.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, and chickapea pasta.
- Bring to a boil, then add corn and black beans (as much as you'd like!) and season with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and reduce heat to low/simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to to glass baking dish and cook your pasta. Drain your pasta and mix everything together in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and transfer everyything to the oven for about 10 minutes or until hot and melty!
- Top with all your favourite toppings and enjoy!